Chicken and Wild Rice Soup
Recipe courtesy of Milk Means More
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 1 hour
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/2 cup sliced celery
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons butter or clarified butter
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 4 ounces (about 2/3 cup) wild rice, rinsed and drained
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 12 ounces skinless, boneless chicken breast halves, cut into 3/4-inch pieces
- 1 cup plain low-fat Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- In Dutch oven, cook carrots, onion, celery and garlic in hot butter about 2 minutes, or until tender, stirring occasionally.
- Stir broth, wild rice, thyme, salt and pepper into vegetable mixture. Bring to boil. Reduce heat. Simmer, covered, 40 minutes. Stir in chicken pieces. Return to simmer, covered, 10-15 minutes, or until rice is tender and chicken is done.
- In small bowl, whisk together yogurt and flour. Gradually whisk in cream. Stir into chicken mixture. Cook and stir over medium heat until boiling. Boil 1 minute. Ladle into bowls.
Casseroles are both hearty and economical choices when trying to feed a crowd (or a large family). Plus, when crunched for time, they’re quick to throw together and slide in the oven and can even be made ahead to put a filling, low-stress meal on the table following a...
Recipe courtesy of Milk Means MorePrep time: 30 minutesCook time: 10 minutesServings: 8 4 slices bacon, cut crosswise into 1/2-inch-wide pieces 3/4 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 3/4-inch pieces 10 ounces (about 4 cups)...
Recipe courtesy of Milk Means MorePrep time: 20 minutesCook time: 10 minutesServings: 8 1 tablespoon vegetable oil 1 pound lean ground turkey 1 cup chopped onion 1 can (15 1/2 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained 1 can...
The demands of today’s always-connected culture can make finding balance in life nearly impossible. Between work, school and extracurricular activities, schedules can be crazy, and setting aside time to exercise is often difficult. Balance is key to seeing hard work...