Pasta and Chicken in Garlic Cream Sauce
Recipe courtesy of Milk Means More
Prep time: 30 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
- 4 slices bacon, cut crosswise into 1/2-inch-wide pieces
- 3/4 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 3/4-inch pieces
- 10 ounces (about 4 cups) farfalle (bow tie) pasta
- 2 1/2 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 3 cups baby spinach leaves
- 1 cup halved cherry tomatoes, for garnish
- Place removable pan inside programmable pressure cooker. Using saute function, cook bacon, uncovered, until crisp. Use slotted spoon to remove bacon from pan. Drain bacon on paper towels. Leave 1 tablespoon drippings in pan; discard remaining.
- Add chicken to bacon drippings in pan in two batches. Using saute function, stir-fry chicken 2-3 minutes, or until cooked through. Use slotted spoon to remove chicken from pan. Repeat until all chicken is cooked. Press cancel.
- Stir pasta, broth, garlic, Italian seasoning and pepper into drippings in pan. Secure lid and set pressure release to sealing function. Select high pressure setting and cook 5 minutes. Press cancel.
- Allow pressure to release naturally 5 minutes. Move pressure release to venting function to release any remaining steam. Remove lid.
- Stir cream into pasta mixture. Using saute function, cook and stir, uncovered, until boiling. Boil, uncovered, about 4 minutes, or until sauce generously coats pasta, stirring frequently. Press cancel. Stir in chicken and Parmesan cheese.
- Place spinach and bacon in large bowl. Pour pasta mixture over top. Toss until combined. Ladle into serving bowls. Top each serving with tomatoes.
Casseroles are both hearty and economical choices when trying to feed a crowd (or a large family). Plus, when crunched for time, they’re quick to throw together and slide in the oven and can even be made ahead to put a filling, low-stress meal on the table following a...
Recipe courtesy of Milk Means MorePrep time: 20 minutesCook time: 10 minutesServings: 8 1 tablespoon vegetable oil 1 pound lean ground turkey 1 cup chopped onion 1 can (15 1/2 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained 1 can...
Recipe courtesy of Milk Means MorePrep time: 15 minutesCook time: 1 hour 1 cup shredded carrots 1/2 cup finely chopped onion 1/2 cup sliced celery 2 cloves garlic, minced 2 tablespoons butter or clarified butter 4 cups...
The demands of today’s always-connected culture can make finding balance in life nearly impossible. Between work, school and extracurricular activities, schedules can be crazy, and setting aside time to exercise is often difficult. Balance is key to seeing hard work...